Students and Parents,
Many teachers are using Zoom. If so, you will be sent a link for a Zoom meeting from your teacher. Zoom is basically a video chat program that allows a host (your teacher) and participants (you and classmates). It is like FaceTime or Skype but set up in advance.
Download the Zoom App or Program:
1. If you are using your school iPad then go to the App Portal and download Zoom.
2. If you are using your own cell phone or iPad then download Zoom from your App Store or Play Store.
2. If you are using a home based computer; then, once you click on the zoom link sent it will ask you to download the app or program.
3. You do not need to create an account or log in with your own information to use Zoom.
Open the link:
1. Once downloaded you can click on the link from your teacher.
2. Your teacher may have added a meeting ID or password in the email zoom link. If so, you may need to enter this info.
3. Make sure to enable (turn on) your video so all can see you.
4. Make sure to enable (turn on) your audio (sound). There is a mute (turn off sound) option in the lower left hand corner of Zoom. Your teacher may request this on or off. You can also turn it on or off. Find a quiet place so that there is not a lot of noise in the background.
5. Make sure to put your name in when Zoom pops up so your teacher knows who has logged in. If your parent or another sibling uses Zoom on the same device it may be set as their name.
1. Teachers can record the Zoom meetings to watch later and send to you.
Please ask your teacher if you have questions. I am also able to help you if needed.